Social Networks: A universe of 4.6 million users
With a total of 4.6 billion active users worldwide, social networks have revolutionized everything from how products are purchased to the forms of communication between family and friends. Its benefits for society are numerous and it has given rise to industries of all categories.
With such positive consequences both economically and socially, social networks have attracted the attention of investors s
0eeking to promote and enhance these effects, and its considerable increase in annual use makes it an investment with a high possibility of positive ROI.
5 Advantages of Video Games in Children
The moderate use of video games is presented as an opportunity for parents to extract positive aspects such as improved skills in children. Multiple studies show how games like Minecraft influence social, reading, short- and long-term memory and motor coordination skills.
Important figures of use of social networks
One of the aspects that demonstrate the greatest growth of social networks and, in general, of the use of the Internet in people’s daily lives is the time that each user spends daily browsing the world. According to Hootsuite’s Digital Trends 2022 report, this daily time is currently 6 hours and 58 minutes.
This same report shows a growth of 10.1% in the number of users compared to 2020 and an estimate of 7.5 social networks used per month per user.
This variety in the platforms of use is mainly due to the purpose that each one has. From keeping your friends and family close to staying on top of the latest business and company launches.
5 most used social networks in the world
- Facebook: the platform that follows, year after year, registering as the most used. With a total of 9 billion active users per month and, despite the major problems regarding privacy in which it has been involved, the social network founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg continues to lead the charge.
- YouTube: Second place on the list of most popular social networks goes to the platform dedicated to content in video format, which, according to Global Media Insight, generated a profit of $19.7 billion for January 2021 and, in addition, ensures that 6 billion people use this platform at least once a month.
- WhatsApp: dedicated to instant messaging, WhatsApp has 2 billion active users per month and its daily use has increased by 4% compared to January 2021.
- Instagram: This popular social network has a billion monthly active users and has been downloaded a total of 8 billion times. As for its daily use, the impressive number of 95 million photos and videos shared daily is a sign of its popularity.
- TikTok: With a constant increase in users, the social network dedicated to short videos is not far behind. TikTok brings together 1 billion daily users and 80 million of those daily users are within the United States. In addition, 90% of these users enter the application daily.
Is it a good idea to invest in social networks?
Although each investment decision must be supported by detailed research on the performance of companies of interest in the financial market, based on usage times and user growth, social networks continue to grow annually, which leads to a possible positive ROI for the investor.
If your objective is to invest in social networks, having the vast experience of financial advisors at BBVA New Gen will be of vital importance for your decision making, in addition to providing a platform that allows you to monitor your investments in a friendly and simple way.
Advantages and disadvantages of eCommerce | BBVA Switzerland
With steady and increasing growth, e-commerce is at its peak. Therefore, here we will highlight the advantages and disadvantages of this type of transaction and how users' consumption habits have changed to open the road for a new type of businesses
Investing in Metaverso: funds and other ways to invest.
Learn about the options you have to invest in the Metaverse with BBVA New Gen.