Investing in educational technologies democratizes knowledge and increases opportunities
It is undeniable the presence of technology and its various forms in our daily lives, education does not escape from it, recognizing the advantages it presents for various sectors; UNESCO recognizes that the nineteenth century has presented significant advances in the education sector, clarifying that while technology is welcome and has made its way into many sectors, there is much to understand and improve, while constantly integrating them.
That is why more and more countries promote and invest in technological development focused on education, because they understand that the preparation of their individuals in their various stages of training is vital for intellectual and economic growth, in addition to the fact that such training guided and focused on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) presents a stable future in many aspects, as well as sustainable if combined with issues such as clean energy, transportation, education, communications, among others.
So, to invest or not to invest in educational technologies? Let’s take a look at the data:
In the last months, many people around the world have been forced to work from home. The "stay at home" phenomenon has given people the opportunity to organise their time between work and leisure in a way they could not do before, because of their day-to-day pace of activities. For many, this period at home has also become an opportunity for educating themselves.
Advantages of investing in ICT with an educational focus and the opportunities it presents.
- Various sectors to focus on: the possibility of watching classes online, through augmented reality glasses, creating and printing ideas directly in 3D, all this from the comfort of the mobile and the possibility that all the above is achieved while being assisted by some artificial intelligence that facilitates the transit through each stage of education, it is difficult to see it as something negative. Careers such as computer science, programming, web development and the like will be common and accessible tools; guaranteeing growth and development, easily translated into job, educational, financial and general development opportunities.
- Opportunities for everyone: transnationals carrying out agreements with educational institutions, international cooperation and economic agreements from hyper-specialization, regional blocks working together from educational to financial and economic levels, rigorous but more integrated cybersecurity elements; the advantages and opportunities are many, diverse and positive at all levels.
- Individual and collective development: understanding, assimilating, generating autonomy, self-learning, from initial education to higher education, better prepared teachers, students with greater interest and access to tools that adapt to their needs without interrupting the learning process.
Elements to consider when investing in educational technologies
- Investment and risks: although there are several technology investment funds, which are tools and, why not, products designed to attract investors, they present a risk as any other investment, since investment portfolios are variable. Many of the investments within such funds are made by companies that are in a constant race to improve and create new technologies against their competitors, but offer little support in short, medium and long term plans, due to the speed with which changes develop, which makes the investment less attractive to other companies, countries and/or entire regions.
- Development factors and limitations: it is an undeniable reality that not all countries in the world have the same access to ICTs and much less focus on investing in funds and programs with a technological and educational approach, therefore, it is complicated to carry out the implementation of a comprehensive plan designed and focused on technological and educational development to give added value to their human capital.
Educational robotics, opportunities for investment in sustainable social development
Educational robotics presents new opportunities for investment in sustainable social development.
Advantages and disadvantages of the circular economy
The circular economy brings multiple benefits to humanity, since it seeks to reduce the environmental impact of production processes through various actions that culminate in the reduction of waste and the burning of fossil fuels.