Benefits of shared mobility for the environment
Shared mobility offers multiple benefits for both the environment and day-to-day urban life, and is emerging as an investment trend for the future.
Every year, more than 36 billion tons of CO2 are released into the environment, contributing to global warming, climate change and air pollution, which also end up affecting our health as human beings. Among the main emitters of carbon dioxide are means of transportation.
Advantages of shared mobility
Without realizing it, thanks to the massive consumption of fossil fuels that comes with everyone having their own car, we caused the acceleration of global warming that we are trying to combat today.
Benefits of shared mobility for cities and the environment
In cities such as Mexico City, New York, Seoul or Luxembourg, the problem of CO2 emissions by means of transportation is increased by the fact that for each private car travels between 1 and 1.5 people on average, not only polluting the environment but also worsening the traffic problem in cities, while public transportation does not always meet the demand.
In response to these problems, shared mobility and applications that facilitate it, such as “rideshare”, have emerged. With this initiative, the benefits are many:
- Reduction of CO2 emissions, collaborating with the fulfillment of the UN’s sustainable development goals-which positions this service as a priority for public investment;
- Road relief in cities, reducing traffic caused by excessive private vehicles;
- Following the pandemic, demand for these types of services has increased, as they offer safer transportation options in terms of physical distance, alleviating the demand for public transportation;
- Private mobility service solutions with the benefits of cab services – such as speed, convenience and accessibility to places where public transport does not reach, without the high costs;
- Reduced gasoline costs due to lower demand;
- Increased eco-friendly mobility options, e.g., electric or hydrogen vehicles.
Investment in shared mobility
By 2018, shared mobility companies made more than $60 billion annually, with a trend of increasing at 20% per year. Which is why it is shaping up to be the future of urban mobility and a highlight investment trend for the coming years.
Advantages and disadvantages of electric mobility
In recent years, people and governments around the world have become aware of the environmental havoc that the excessive use of fossil fuels and petroleum derivatives has caused globally. As a result, we are beginning to move towards a profound energy change.
Electric mobility, the mobility of the future
Electric motors achieve 90% energy efficiency, compared to 25% for traditional motors. In addition, recharging an electric vehicle is much cheaper than doing it at a gas station.