BBVA Open Talent: Creating opportunities and transforming the banking industry
At BBVA we have upped the pace in order to build the advances in digital technology, necessary to enable our clients to take the best financial decisions ever, into our business model. We are creating opportunities and offering solutions through innovative products and services that are disruptive on the financial market. As part of these transformational opportunities, we created BBVA Open Talent, the biggest international competition for fintech start-ups. We are seeking the most talented start-ups in the world to develop the best digital solutions for our clients. In its ninth edition, BBVA Open Talent has discovered talents from Spain, Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Turkey, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador and Uruguay. The competition is split into five categories:
- Artificial intelligence: Start-ups fostering the use of artificial intelligence, developing computer systems capable of undertaking tasks traditionally reserved for human intelligence.
- Identity: Pioneering initiatives on how technology can offer great improvements for our clients in all aspects of their lives, such as online security or data protection.
- Fintech for companies: Projects aimed at products or services ready to be integrated into our financial processes, improving the client’s experience with the company.
- Global trends: Start-ups that work focussing exclusively on new business models for the financial services industry.
- Regional: Projects related with banking technology that can resolve specific needs in a local market.
On 19 and 20 September, Mexico City will become the hub of fintech entrepreneurship thanks to the Regional category final of BBVA Open Talent.This has become one of the most successful and longest standing fintech events in Latin America and is conceived to boost digital innovation and connect entrepreneurs, investors and financial institutions in the Latin America region. BBVA Open Talent: The grand final in Spain The grand final of the BBVA Open Talent competition is being held in Madrid in October under the name “BBVA Open Summit”. In addition to revealing the winning start-up of 2017, it is a unique and enriching networking occasion which will bring together the most outstanding experts in financial technology. It will be an exclusive opportunity to discover the most revolutionary technological advances in the sector, boost the most innovative ideas in the world and take part in the debate on the banking sector of the future, of which BBVA is responsible for.